1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

BF3 - End Game

Discussion in 'Battlefield 3 DLC' started by Davidg1230, Jan 31, 2013.

1. So the hype starts to build with DICE releasing more videos

[/youtube]

Also, if you have premium, there is this new video with plenty of jet action. Looks like it'll have some serious dog fights with plenty of planes in the air all at once.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bit.ly/WDowmj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bit.ly/WDowmj</a>

from the BATTLEFIELD BLOG;

All-new fast and agile dirt bike
    When building End Game, high-speed warfare was our mantra. Nothing illustrates this better than the new fast and agile dirt bike, that lets you take a friend to the frontlines at high speed while doing wheelies and quick stops. It’s a true two-wheel vehicle with its own physics engine that is a perfect fit for our returning game mode Capture the Flag.

We have hidden a lot of cool jumps for you on all maps that you can attempt if you need a quick getaway in a daredevil fashion. The dirt bike is clearly the star among the new vehicles in End Game, and we will return shortly with an in-depth blog post focused solely on this agile and versatile addition to the ever-growing Battlefield vehicle line-up.

Call for reinforcements with the new dropship
    But that’s not all. You can also jump into the seat of two new AA vehicles or use the new dropship to call in reinforcements or parachute in behind enemy lines. The AA vehicles is the first time in Battlefield 3 that a troop transport has been fitted with a roof mounted AA turret in addition to a rocket launcher, effectively making it able to defend against both ground and air vehicles. The dropship gets awarded to whatever team holds the central flag in Conquest mode and lets you drop in an additional Infantry Fighting Vehicle by parachute, forcing the enemy to keep close tabs on your position or risk being overrun.

Fight all year around
    End Game contains four vast and varied maps, each inspired by one of the four seasons. If there’s something our line of expansion packs have shown, it’s how many different flavors of combat Battlefield 3 can cater for. From the classic gameplay of Back to Karkand to the tight infantry combat on Close Quarters and massive all-out vehicle warfare of Armored Kill – we love to give our fans new experiences while staying true to the Battlefield core.

By making each map distinctly unique, End Game serves as a beautiful reminder of the broad range of vistas we can deliver with the Frostbite 2 engine, and how the environment influences gameplay in subtle ways. From the beautiful fall-themed Operation Riverside, with its many rivers and electrical sub-stations, to snowy Sabalan Pipeline, End Game brings all of your favorite settings into one tight package.

The return of Capture the Flag and Air Superiority
    Capture the Flag is a classic multiplayer game mode for anyone interested in shooters, and it was actually part of the original Battlefield 1942 released more than 10 years ago. End Game marks the first time in a decade that Capture the Flag returns to the Battlefield, and we think it’s a perfect fit with the new theme of high-speed warfare and mobility that the dirt bike brings to the game. Stay tuned for an in-depth look at our Battlefield version of Capture the Flag in a later blog post in this series.

Also new for End Game is the jet-based Air Superiority game mode where players can take part in massive dogfights, much like when this game mode first appeared in Battlefield 1943. If you’re a Premium member, you can watch an exclusive video right now featuring extended gameplay from Air Superiority mode. Just head to the Battlelog Premium videos section to check it out. We will return with in-depth Air Superiority information later in this blog series, so stay tuned for that.

#1 Davidg1230, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  2. HOLY FUCK!!!! That looks.... A-MA-ZING!!! think our resident jet pilot might need some tissues after seeing that!!!

.... just checked battlelog.... new air superiority mode... epic!!!

3. It does look the shit

4. Air Superiority Mode ... or more likely ... Jet Ramming Mode
    [/youtube]

#4 tin_rib, Feb 1, 2013
  5. There gonna be sooooooooooooooo many crashes...

looks epic though... will be good to have a server and practice this with people who want to learn to fly...

I'll enjoy my self but won't enjoy those tw@s who crash into me :mad:

6. well you know what they say... if you cant beat em, ram em... lol!!! should get some good clips here ill, time for some formation flying!!

7. Plus all the barrage balloons and wind turbines to get in the way!, looks like this air superiority mode won't have any ground targets? probably a team deathmatch with just jets?

8. The blog above also mentions that the new maps will cover all 4 seasons so and be of sizes that cover all the previous DLC maps. So looks like one large for vehicles, one small like the close quarters and then the other 2 for a free for all with both vehicles and infantry.

9. sounds good... tho tbh all the trailers for the DLC has looked pretty awesome, but when it actually gets released they just dont quite hit the mark. for me B2K is prob the best selection of maps.

10. Agreed, mainly because they are the ones most similar to the standard ones. Same kind of size, same amount of vehicles etc. Just overall nicely balanced. I find the maps for the first two lots of DLC either too small or too big (unless obviously you like tight confined spaces or love flying in aircraft or being in tanks). The latest maps are abit better, more in keeping with the original ones, but not played them that much yet. The B2K maps are some of my favs.

11. [/youtube]

#11 tin_rib, Feb 11, 2013
  12. Two wheeled kamikaze bombers :)

13. Not sure if you guys have seen this, details of the 4 EG maps, all the same size as CB and OF, which suits me as I prefer the bigger maps.

<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/02/end-game-maps-overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/02/en ... -overview/</a>

14. Runcorn pointed me to that post last night. Not convinced about the 'huge' maps at the moment, but I hope to be proved wrong. I quite like Operation Firestorm, and as long as they are no bigger than that, I'll be happy. Motorbikes look great fun.

PC players will have a blast whatever the map sizes, I'm sure.

15. I too hope the maps aren't too big, the AK ones are far too big for me to trudge about on. Looking forward to flipping those bikes

16. i liked the idea of the bigger maps but the ps3 struggles big time. sometimes the graphics and textures have been terrible on the AK maps... especially armoured shield. these sound slightly smaller so im happy about that. looking for to this really.

17. Bonus ... I didn't realise it was so soon.

18. Best instruct the Mrs C on how to install it then. Do it's ready when I get home.

19. Nice B'day surprise for me.