Black Ops 2 Campaign - Discussion Thread

fozzeh

Global Moderator
Also, after finishing last night, I looked at the challenges and they do look a pain in the arse!

It is going to take at least one more go per round to get it done. Some of them, I know it’s going to be twice…in fact, they may all be twice on mission select! Regardless, they are all worthy levels of playing.

ODB

Global Moderator
Yeah I was wondering about that Fozz too cause:

like you I chose to shoot Menendez and save Harper so I'd like to know what happens if I chose differently, does it give you new missions? or is it just different dialog and cutscenes?

So played more last night, not a lot mind, but did the scene with the Sniper rifle and what you are told is Menendez being dragged out. How far is that into it? about half way?

fozzeh

Global Moderator
You don’t get new missions…but the cut scenes, who dies, who lives and how Strike missions are affected. I believe that by me doing one choice it meant me missing 1 strike mission lead to someone else dying which is interesting! Means I have to ‘Rewind’ for a trophy. Excellent story work!

Think that’s mission 7 from 11. The next few missions become a blur because it is that good!

Did you shoot “Menendez”?

ODB

Global Moderator
as in Shoot Harper or Memendez? I choose to try and shoot Menendez. Or as in Shoot the guy with a bag on his head who you believe to be Menendez? In which case yes, I didnt get an option not too?

ODB

Global Moderator
well if its an alternative to the action I've just done then now but if it will ruin the ending no.

Talking of that whole level and I wont spoiler it as its not plot centric or giving anything away... the bit where you have to run from the chopper and jump throught the window. I failed on that more times than anything else so far cause that cock kept banging into me when jumping and I'd miss the ledge

fozzeh

Global Moderator
I’ll leave it then. From what I know, I think it affects 1 or 2 of the 6 endings.

Haha, really? I never had that! I had it on the first mission when you jump from the chopper. If you leave it far too long, you die.

ODB

Global Moderator
Just finished campaign

how awesome was the plane bit!!!

Saved Briggs and captured Menendez, I left it to long whilst trying to decide and it did that automatically. Want to know how it ends?

fozzeh

Global Moderator
I didn’t mention the plane bit because you think “This is COD, I won’t be flying this bad boy”

“Mason, get in and protect us!”. That’s when you feel a little quiver of excitement…and it doesn’t let you down! By Jove, it is a great bit! That level is possibly my fave…full of action and choices!

I’ve read all the different endings. What happens in yours?

Yeh, the Easter Egg is quite funny. Love it how the slap Menendez around and the crowd is just all of the characters in the game.

ODB

Global Moderator
yeah Easter egg was fun however I thought it could have been better, the way they started it made me think it required involvement. Why not a basic guitar hero-esque button prompts for it? that would have been much better. Strill, I'd have preferred something you could play like the extra Plane level on COD4.

So Menendez captured, led out and handcuffed. He says he'll see mason in a year and to study Ulysses (Didnt understand that bit tbh). Cut to a year later and he's in some cell, alarms start going and 2 heavily armed Marines come in sites trained on him, then some general comes in. Lights go out, he kills everyone in the room. Cut to a General walking into Woods retirement building and getting through security and being led into Woods room, door shuts, Woods says something along the lines of 'what took you so long',share a joke between them, then discussion about his sister, cut to images of her scarred face and then he kills Woods and places the amulet on his body, then walks out. Sets it up for a sequel tbh so its kinda odd you even get the choice of killing him unless they 100% arent bringing him back

so what happened in your ending? You need to explain this Mason choice thing you were on about now then

Yeah Plane bit was just WOW, I know its COD but I cant see whats wrong with having a few missions of stuff like that, they did have the chopper mission in BlOps1 too, I think its nice to mix it up a bit and they dont make it hard and its pretty basic to do. Damn good fun though! I think maybe its time COD branched out into more than just a FPS, open it up to other game types like they have with the Tom Clancy games

so just the Strike Force missions to do now, seems if you miss those you dont unlock the rest as the last one never even came up for me

fozzeh

Global Moderator
I finished Menendez because I didn’t want him to see the fruits of his labour. He can die a martyr but I think he would rather live to see the havoc he causes like he does in your story. Plus, I didn’t want to see Woods die later by his hand!

Did Menendez get killed too or escape? ALL of the choices you make lead to what happens to everyone apart from David Mason. Was the ‘General’ in Woods’ room Menendez then?

As for the Ulysses, quick Google shows: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 81&t=23148

With all the endings, I don’t know how a direct sequel can be done unless they start BlOps3 with a definitive start from one of the 6 endings from 2.

The chopper level was good but this plane one…I was IN THE JET! I was moving around the room myself and felt like a big kid! Remember thinking to myself “Boost now, come on! Catch them up!” and taking them all out. Loved it. As for branching out, they may do. Will the next game be MW4? Price is too old! Don’t think he can stop world super powers in a zimmer frame!

In my ending, Menendez was dead so I (David) went to see Woods in the home and he’s sat there with Alex Mason (bit of pre-amble before). Woods says “Al, meet Dave. Dave, meet all…your pops! You two sort it out, I’m off for a smoke! Hey, nurse ratface! Where’s my fucking smokes???”.

That’s where my choice came in…when you shoot the guy with the bag on his head I had a voice come in and say “There’s a mole in the CIA”. It made me think was this guy the mole? Do I kill the mole or out him? So I kneecapped him. I kind of knew this was an option but didn’t know who it was in the bag (although, easy to guess when you’ve done it). So he has been in hiding for 30 years knowing that he would die if Menendez knew he was alive. I didn’t save Karma (which is a shame) and the Obama was sank (which it wouldn’t have been if I did all the Strike missions).

ODB

Global Moderator
oh shit, didnt realise it effected everything so much

remind me again...who's Karma?

Yeah the general was Menendez, he just walks out the room. So it makes it look like on that ending there could well be a sequel, so who knows what ehy'll do.

i fancy seeing the alternatives now but I cba replaying the whole game again :(

fozzeh

Global Moderator
Yeh, all the choices affect everything a lot!

Karma is the woman from the boat mission, computer whizz. You can either kill De Falcao or let him go (which influences one thing/trophy) but she still gets captured. You have to rescue her in Strike Mission 4 for her to survive (I think).

As for alt endings, YT has them all! I’m not sure how far back you have to go to influence endings…I know 3 has a big one in and so do 5 and 6…and you can rewind to the start of there and work forward (which I will be doing for trophies too!). Just watched yours. Poor Woods. Felt sad but he knew it was coming.

fozzeh

Global Moderator
Erm…think it is 5 or 6. You find out that you need to get Karma and you try to get the server room on the boat island. You go through security as maintenance and then deploy the little spider thing. Then you get into the server room and find out Karma is a person. Harper finds her having a bogey and she gets captured by De Falcao. And then you have to battle to get to her before she gets whisked off.

Oh how could you forget the level?!?! The slo-mo fucking G18 bit when you have Skrillex banging into your ears?!?! That bit was EPIC with a capital E!