Black Ops 2 Trophies and Challenges Thread

fozzeh

Global Moderator
We’ll keep this separate from the Campaign thread as, the way I see it, is a completely different entity all together. Also, any links used here are contributory of the original poster and their guides are much appreciated.

Anyway, trophies are not everyone’s cup of tea. Looking at the ones in BlOp2, they look equally as hard as in BlOps! They actually challenged you to do things back then and now…they make them bloody challenges! Each level has 10 challenges and there are 16 levels. Don’t think you’d get 210 trophies alone now would you?

I’ve done the Vet run through. I don’t think anyone needs tips for that trophy. Just remember to use cover, when shot twice get down, don’t rush head long into things. Possibly the easiest Vet I know of.

Trophies and walkthrough here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/call-d ... admap.html

Challenges – All the info is on PS3T here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/call-d ... guide.html

One thing I will note is for survivability; dedicate one go JUST to this. If you focus on other challenges too, you can get caught out even on Recruit. You can sponge bullets but one slip and that’s it. I’ll use any examples below. General ones are exploding barrels, turrets, grenades! I got caught out once by hitting a nitrogen tank…then another when I slipped my R2 trigger and blew myself up!

I’ve worked on mission 1 and 2.

Mission 1; the dive onto the grenade ones is PAIN IN THE ARSE! I have this and Survive left to do. The rest are quite easy. The guide above details everything (for like the mortar traps, etc) so follow them. Be wary about taking the tanks out too…on the third set make sure you go left to right even if you don’t want to or you will miss the last 1 or 2.

Obviously, if you die from trying to do the grenade one, you’re screwed for the other. Speed running; you can do this in 25 mins. To get all challenges on this one, you’re looking at 2 runs so about an hour or so.

Remember, for the sniper challenge you need a sniper rifle! When you drop Woods down before you go to Menendez, there is a Dragunov next to the shed with the bear traps in. Get that then…killing 20 is easy.

Edit: done the grenade one and the clean run through so 10 done! The grenade challenge; some say you need to land directly on it. I dived onto it (maybe over it) and backed up. The arrow indicator was still point down (to say it was behind) so it must have been on my legs. Registered instantly...some are saying it has to be the body but I don't think it does.

Mission 2; again easy but a couple of tricky ones. Turrets, when you see these do them right away! If not, team mates will destroy them and you can’t get it. After the chopper area, you have one right in front of you and one to its left. Just EMP and run in but run in before Harper.

The ASD one is a pain and I’ve had this not register last night. You just need to get an ASD near the nitrogen and shoot…simple! Well, the first one is anyway but the others aren’t. Just have to time it right.
Assault shield kills…get these quickly or, again, your team mates will just hammer the baddies and kill them.
And, for Survivability, do as the guide says…hang back or you will get frozen!

Mission 3; bit of a mixed bag this one! Some are tricky as you need to move quickly to get them (destroy 4 choppers, destroy a tank, take down a helo with an MG) but, if you move quickly, they are very easy. Not dying is the hardest as a lot of things explode…tanks, your Stinger, heli’s crashing, random mortars! I would do exactly as the guide says here…and remember when mining the tank, the explosion is massive!

Mission 4; Well this one starts off with the mental bit of Menendez and his shotgun-machete combo! The trophies for him are easy as it is hard enough to die…but you need to do them in 2 runs. 1 is get to Josefina in 140 seconds. If you do this, you can’t do 3 others. Those are quite easy…7 shotty kills in 10 seconds can be done in one of two places, remember the intel and then the back of the truck. I have heard you can die and the back of the truck could be when. Apart from that, these ones are pretty easy.

I would do the quick running one with the survive, that would be better. You have to be very careful when doing the Molotov challenge as it is a piece of piss to die. Apart from that, very easy

Mission 5; This one is the trickiest so far as failing them/not doing them is easy. You need at least 3 runs on this I have found (I have done 3…and still have 2 left to do!). The guide sums it up quite well as the detail on this one is exact. I have still to do the flamethrower one and the SOC-T one…both don’t depend so much on skill bit as much on timing! For this one, I can’t go any further than what the guide says!

fozzeh

Global Moderator
One of the challenges is ‘to dive on an enemy grenade and survive’! It’s a right pain. You need the access perk to get the flak jacket from the boat or you’ll just die! But if you have it on anything harder than Recruit, I imagine you’d die anyway. But the amount of grenades they use in Recruit is minimal compared to any other difficulty. I think I saw one last night…and it still killed me!

fozzeh

Global Moderator
Done the 'nade one. I actually waited for one to be thrown at me!

When you are running after shooting the radio operator the first area is usually a waste. If you hang in the second and pick off those close to you, the further away ones may lob one. Same for in the final area but I have found their throwing more accurate so you can't dive as well.

fozzeh

Global Moderator
Well, I am on 48 out of the 50 I have tried now! Two tricky ones left then onto Karma!

I tell you what…these challenges give you a couple of trophies yet take around 15 hours! Grind, replay, ggrrrr! Still, story and graphics are amazing so that is some compensation.

Xorro has gone quiet too…I don't think I'll get this done this year...but you never know! Missions are going to take another 5 to 11 nights, nearly prestiged, a couple of league matches...25-30 more hours?

Montoya

going to try and get this plat, the challenges look like a meaty bit of work, tried a few before but i was going for the stand alone trophys instead. its interesting to see how much replayability they have emphasised on the trophys with each iteration of the game.

still got two of the "choice" trophys to do, then the challenges, then the Vet playthrough - although with the unlocked guns/perks this should be a lot simpler!! then i will be free to play the multiplayer... god this seems excessive!

fozzeh

Global Moderator
Haha, totally! As said, playthrough is easy. With the choices, you have to reply half the campaign again too (as what you do in chapter 3 doesn't pop until 9 or something) so that's a ball ache! May do that first BEFORE the challenges and try do them at the same time.

Oh, and the guns do make it a lot easier. Just get a death machine on the go every map ;)

fozzeh

Global Moderator
Yeh...power up a sniper rifle...shoot through anything? Nah, I'll stick with the AK74u ta.

Xorro

fozzeh said:
Well, I am on 48 out of the 50 I have tried now! Two tricky ones left then onto Karma!

I tell you what…these challenges give you a couple of trophies yet take around 15 hours! Grind, replay, ggrrrr! Still, story and graphics are amazing so that is some compensation.

Xorro has gone quiet too…I don't think I'll get this done this year...but you never know! Missions are going to take another 5 to 11 nights, nearly prestiged, a couple of league matches...25-30 more hours?
I'm still here - have spent most of my time working on the Zombie trophies. I have a couple more hours of MP before I prestige then I will concentrate on the campaign, I'm aiming to complete it on Vet first and get all intel, then I will look at redoing it on recruit to do all the challenges.

Mind you, I've already missed one piece of intel - can I get that on the next run?