Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Destiny' started by Eaglewolfenstein, Mar 28, 2017.

By Eaglewolfenstein on Mar 28, 2017 at 7:20 AM
  1. [​IMG]

Destiny 2 has finally been confirmed!

Developer Bungie tweeted with the game's title announcing that a sequel to 2014's shared world shooter is indeed real.

There are speculations that the game will be hitting shelves this year and with rumours of the game being called Destiny II: Forge of Hope.

It seems the game will be launched on five platforms: PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio, and PC.

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Destiny' started by Eaglewolfenstein, Mar 28, 2017.

1. I'm looking forward to this!

I think there are some pros and cons with what they've done.

I'm sure a number of people will be distraught to know that the thousands of hours they've put in the Destiny over the last 3 years will now just evaporate into thin air.

However according to Bungie, they want something that attracts it's current base, brings back old players and invites new players in.

Rumours are that the tower will be attacked, but not sure if this will be the case, think it will be awesome but where will the new social area be? Launch for this to be around September?

• Useful Useful x 2
    2. On the leaked posters its 8th September

3. Just going to leave this here:

• Like Like x 1
    4. The thing with Destiny is the amount of hours I'd need to put in to play the game.

If the grind is anything like the first game then I just can't see myself getting it.

Although the game gave me easily some of the most brilliant gaming sessions I've ever experienced, the grind to get the armour/weapons etc just isn't something I can invest my time into.

5. I'm pumped! I didn't play Destiny until the buzz was gone so it would be nice to be able to play when EVERYONE is playing.

6. Im proper excited for this stopped playing Destiny proper months ago just play the odd crucible match here and there. Gonna be all in on this new one if people want to get a regular strike / raid team on the go?

7. I can't wait for this. Would be good to get a solid raid/strike and crucible team together.

8. Details revealed for destiny 2 also noted a beta at a later date:

9. I'm very impressed with what Destiny 2 looks like and am very much looking forward to it. It looks like they've cleaned up certain aspects of the game and not having to go to orbit to go somewhere else is a massive plus!!

10. A few personal highlights:

A few more general observations about Destiny 2, based on what we saw and played today:
      We also played a couple matches of the new Crucible mode, Countdown. This is an attack/defend mode where one team tries to set charges in specific locations while the other team plays defense. A few quick observations from two rounds of Countdown:

Details from the playstation blog

11. I'm stuck with whether to get this on PS4 or PC, I've heard rumours that the there will be a cap on fps for ps4 also what would sell me to get this game on both would be if there was cross play to PC or save transfer to switch between ps4 and PC

12. Both consoles are locked to 30fps to give it stability when running, there is no cross play or save either it was rumoured for PS4 and pc but isn't available.

13. I doubt a cross save will come - ever. That's just my opinion.

From what I read it seems that the character transfer (although its only cosmetic as I understand) cant take place from PS4/XB1 to PC so I think there are too many limitations - there was no cross save between XB1 and PS4 in D1 even when using the one Bungie account.

I'm sure I read that the PvP will not have dedicated servers like most big hitting PC FPS and it will be Peer to Peer servers.

One main advantage to PC was always KB&M however there's always the TAC Pro option (I'm not sure if you can now connect a KB&M anyway to PS4)

• Useful Useful x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    14. Yeah I thought I read something. I think it might have been one of the Battlefield lads that mentioned it in telegram or on here. I'm shit with KB&M anyway so dont care lol

15. My mate has his ps4 hooked up with KB&M when playing D1. PVP is moving to a Peer to Peer server, and I'm 50/50 on the 4v4 match up's now across all game modes. However I like that you can open up your clan to lone players to do raids, great addition for people who didn't really use LFG.

Looks like I'll be getting this on both PS4 and PC with them yet to announce the later date for PC release.

• Useful Useful x 1