Games you used to love....

Bartell

Global Moderator
Hi

I was thinking back to some games I used to play growing up. There are so many I guess but I wondered if you could share yours too!

I'll start us off with one.....

SpyHunter (played on ZX Spectrum)

Spy_Hunter_side_art.png

Here is a video of Spy Hunter in action

So share your games you loved to play from years gone by!

MilkyMalky

Global Moderator
Crikey, so many from so many different consoles.

First that comes to mind from the spectrum though is this beast:

Loved this and it spawned an awesome series

Realale

Jet Set Willy, Jetpac, Horace Goes Skiing, Flight Simulator, The Hobbit, Harrier Attack, Cookie to name but a few on the Spectrum.

Bartell

Global Moderator
As milky mentioned to many games to choose from.

Amiga - Swiv nice little co-op shooter:

Mega Drive - streets of rage 2

Snes - donkey Kong country

N64 - Goldeneye

Gamecube - luigi mansion

Wii - super Mario galaxy

PlayStation 3 - infamous

I knew you'd have a long list @Riddler_Tam lol

There is some great titles there - Goldeneye is tremendous! I wanted to name so many when I posted the first one off but didnt want to put others off posting lol

MilkyMalky

Global Moderator
Yeah, believe me I could have gone mad and listed sooooo many. Will have a think of some more obscure favourites, and post them later.

clumsy

Whenever someone mentions old, retro games i always think back to one game first. The one that melted my Speccy's rubber keys and got it speaking Chinese (twice).

Daley Thompson's Decathlon.

I could list a dozen other Speccy games with the rose tinteds on but that one always top of the list!

ashbeige

PS1
Final Fantasy 7
Metal Gear Solid

PS2
Timesplitters
GTA San Andreas
Smackdown 2 Shut your mouth

N64
Zelda Ocarina of time (Arguably the best)
Mario Kart 64

Mega Drive
Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
Golden axe

Snes
Bomberman (hilarious on a multi tap)
Zelda
Mario Kart
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Xbox 360
Rainbow Six Vegas

GBA
Golden Sun
Any pokemon game LOL

Amongst many many many other's lol these were the first that came to mind that hadn't been mentioned.

T_Riddler_

Administrator
Forum Owner
PS2
Timesplitters
Never played the original but I am a big fan of the sequel and third game future perfect, these titles are ones that are close to taking the fps top spot from goldeneye which is my overall personal favourite. they all have a well polished single player experience that would still stand against titles released today.

ashbeige

Never played the original but I am a big fan of the sequel and third game future perfect, these titles are ones that are close to taking the fps top spot from goldeneye which is my overall personal favourite. they all have a well polished single player experience that would still stand against titles released today.
Totally agree I actually mention to put timesplitters 2 lol Easily one of the best FPS around. I was still playing it when I got my 360

Wicksy

Administrator
Forum Owner
VGFIFA Admin
Lethal Enforcers on the SNES

and..

Snowboard Kids on the N64, Had some great laughs with my mates on this.

Bartell

Global Moderator
Lethal Enforcers on the SNES

and..

Snowboard Kids on the N64, Had some great laughs with my mates on this.

Lethal Enforcers looks like a cheesy 80s movie been ported to a game (I've only watched some parts as I'm supposed to be working lol) however at the time I didn't think that - funny how our perceptions change!

T_Riddler_

Administrator
Forum Owner
however at the time I didn't think that - funny how our perceptions change!
I just checked this on wikipedia as I recall someone playing it on gamemasters and it was a rental with guns at my local video store :rofl:

This title along with night trap, doom and mortal kombat caused the 90's video game violence controversy, as you say funny how perceptions changes none of these can touch dying light or gta V in this generation of gaming.

Case in point of gta V with VR support:

Want to see GTA 5 as a VR game? Of course you do.

This mod adds hand tracking to Rockstar’s crime sim, and according to the creator, in virtual reality it really emphasizes the level of violence.

“I’m really not sure about this,” he wrote. I feel horrible about making this. You actually feel guilty. My mouth dropped the first time I shot someone in my GTA: V VR setup.”