1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

God Of War (PS4)

Discussion in 'Action & Adventure Games' started by Riddler_Tam, Dec 8, 2014.

By Riddler_Tam on Dec 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM
  1. [​IMG]

Sony's santa monica studio is working on a new god of war game for the PS4 little else is known and the director has said we should hear more in the next year or two.

I would be interested to see what they could bring to the table with a gow game for ps4 especially after the third title looked so great on the ps3, not sure whether kratos will be making a return but I like the idea that a new character could be created to go against him although that is just ideas at the moment.
    • Like Like x 2

Discussion in 'Action & Adventure Games' started by Riddler_Tam, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Keep kratos. Cant wait for this 1 loved and plated all other god of war games lets just hope dont wait 2 long for it to b brought out
      • Like Like x 1
    2. leaked images doing the rounds that god of war 4 will have kratos being brutual within norse mythology change from zeus, hades etc in previous titles.

hopefully a big reveal at E3 look forward to hearing more about this been a while since I played a gow game.

3. Everything, everywhere changes. Change is an essential part of life. In creative development change is often the explosive spark that transforms good enough into truly memorable.

Several years ago we at Santa Monica Studio began the journey of creating a new God of War. All of us recognised a special honour and responsibility to create a different, better and truly more memorable experience than before. I realised early on that we had to make changes in every aspect of the game.

For Kratos, this change means breaking the cycle of violence, distrust and deception that his family, the Greek pantheon, perpetuated for so long. That cycle drove a whole host of bad decisions – the ill-fated deal with Ares, the murder of his family and a rage fueled descent into madness and vengeance that ultimately ended with the epic destruction of Olympus

It also means learning how to control his rage, the intensely turbulent monster that lives within him, steering him down ever-darker paths. Kratos needed to figure out how to put the monster back in the box, how to control when he does and does not let that monster out.

Kratos’ rage has provoked a tonne of bad decisions in his life, so I was fascinated to see what would happen if he actually made a good one. What would that look like? How would he struggle with this very difficult and unfamiliar road? And more importantly, why would he do this?
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Hmm, not sure I want to play Dad of War.

But will wait for more info until I fully decide.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    5. FUCK is this
      • Like Like x 1
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Not played any of the God of War games yet but from what I've seen of this I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll play the old games in the run-up to this one's release... are they hack and slash?
    9. They are hack and slash yes, gameplay also has puzzle solving as well to get past various levels.

Not sure how the story will go from previous games to this, although it's kratos I think they're doing a different direction with this one.
    10. Can't say I've played many hack and slash games. My favourite would be Dante's Inferno, similar to that at all? I'm guessing it's better.

Do like the puzzle solving element in games to some degree, it worked in games like Assassin's Creed and Prey, don't think it worked so well in Skyrim for example. Not the biggest fan of puzzles but when done right they can immerse you into the game much more.
    11. It's similar to dantes inferno yes, I'd class god of war III as one of the best games on PS3, the gameplay and cut scenes are seamless with no cgi it was impressive at the time.

Puzzles aren't much of a head scratcher mostly move items or match things to unlock paths fairly light stuff.
    12. Fair enough. Just had a quick Google and it seems only God of War III is available on PS4 as a remaster. Guessing it'll be fairly cheap so I'll probably pick it up in a couple months and give it a spin. Got far too many games to play currently.