Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Racing Games' started by Wicksy, Oct 29, 2015.

By Wicksy on Oct 29, 2015 at 9:37 AM
  1. Gran Turismo Sport announced at Paris Games Week
    Kazunori Yamauchi reveals the first GT title for PS4, coming 2016
    Racing fans, brace yourselves – this afternoon at the Paris Games Week PlayStation Press Conference, Kazunori Yamauchi, along with SCEE CEO & President Jim Ryan, unveiled on stage the latest Gran Turismo iteration: GT Sport, coming to PS4 in 2016.

On stage, the Polyphony team talked about the advances that the PS4 offers to allow them to continue to improve the graphics, physics and sound to deliver the most realistic driving simulator to date. But with GT Sport they’re looking to deliver more than that; to deliver a revolution in the way that people experience driving games, a figurative “rebirth” of motorsports.

FIA Gran Turismo Championships
    In Gran Turismo Sport, there will be two online championships officially sanctioned by the FIA (Federation Internationale de l’Automobile) running simultaneously. In the Nations Cup, players will be able represent their home country. Whilst in the Manufacturers Cup, players will be driving on behalf of their favorite car manufacturer.

Players will not only be able to race as drivers themselves, they’ll also be able to root for their home country or their favorite manufacturers teams.

The winner of the championship will be awarded at the FIA prize giving ceremony, alongside real life motorsports champions. This will be a historic moment, the first time a video game will officially be recognised as part of the real motoring world.

FIA Partnership
    Working alongside the historic FIA, to develop a game that continues to be more realistic and authentic, the online racing championships promise to offer something new for players.

But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.

With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of the PS4.

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Racing Games' started by Wicksy, Oct 29, 2015.

1. :laugh: no way man! he totally cut you up...

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. Did the first 8 'beginner' driving school in campaign last night, not too bad. Then tried the first 8 missions... with varying success. Had to do the speedway oval circuit one to hit 155mph sooo many times. Hard but not utterly unforgiving with the sides of the circuit haha.

Need a bit longer at it tonight to see whether it's a launch purchase or not. Found the cornering a bit sticky and overly switchy but need to try out a few more cars first i reckon. Graphics look lush even on a 2k setting :clap:

• Like Like x 1
    3. I found with the speedway race, sports hard tyres where making it difficult for me to turn.

I changed to racing softs for the race in the video and gave me much more movement when turning... Probably how I crashed so early in the race more slack with my moves :rolleyes:

4. Anyone else tried the Beta? I'm not sure what i think. Tried a few races vs AI last night and even on Begineer setting they race faultlessly! Tried some MP lobbies after that and was very hit and miss to even find anything decent.

5. Following the release of the limited time demo, we’re excited to share more exciting news with everyone; Gran Turismo and Lewis Hamilton will be joining forces in the latest iteration of the franchise, GT Sport. Lewis will be appearing in game as a mentor to share his racing wisdom with players from around the world to help them improve their driving technique.

Take a look at the video below to hear from Lewis in his own words.

“I have been playing Gran Turismo since I was a child, so to actually be part of the gameplay design has been an incredible experience.” – Lewis Hamilton

Lewis will reveal his driving philosophy and techniques through driving images and interviews for players of Gran Turismo Sport, providing valuable advice to many players who strive to be as fast and strong as Lewis himself.

[​IMG]

The team at PDI are really excited to have Lewis as part of the team:

“From watching Lewis drive on TV all these years, I had an idea of how he might drive, but the experience of watching him drive in person was well beyond my wildest expectations. And I’m really glad to be able to share his driving and philosophy with the players in Gran Turismo.” – Kazunori Yamauchi

Source playstation blog

6. Tried only the sp mate, I tried creating a lobby but it cancelled me out so couldn't get to see any options.

7. Demo is pretty limited unsurprisingly. There does seem to be very little offline/campaign content - driving licence stuff, missions, challenges etc... but most of it should be in online racing. Competitive through "Sport" which i tried and gave up on - it only offered 3 races 20 mins apart each hour and they needed the right cars + qualifying... meh. Tried the "lobby" area which is the normal MP bit but with no one on my friends list on to test that out i tried lobbies with randoms... as fugly an experience as you'd expect. It doesn't feel very pick up and play to me.

• Useful Useful x 1
    8. Don't think it's a day one purchase for me, just didn't feel fun enough. Will probably hang on 3-4 weeks for NFS Payback instead.

9. Built from the ground up for PS4, GT Sport is Polyphony‘s most ambitious undertaking yet, utilising the latest technologies to deliver “The Real Driving Simulator” experience the franchise has come to be known for.

Focusing on what the franchise does best, GT Sport doubles down on the energy, performance, and adrenaline of motorsport racing. GT Sport is the culmination of Polyphony’s career, with the acclaimed studio and their team of engineers-cum-developers fine-tuning the best motorsport vehicles, along with their most interesting and race-worthy tracks.

Taking GT3: A-Spec’s love for only the best, GT5’s ground-breaking online mode, and GT6’s industry accreditation, GT Sport races onto the PlayStation 4 with the full weight of one of the industry’s most celebrated and experienced developers behind it.

Not only does the PlayStation 4 allow for unparalleled photo-realistic graphics and physics simulation never seen before, but GT Sport’s mechanics were designed not just for the professional driver, but to align with human intuition.

GT Sport is optimised for the very beginner with accessibility features, and right up to the seasoned professionals and core Gran Turismo racers.

Transferring your save
      For those that participated in the GT Sport Limited Time Demo, it gave our fans a chance to experience a taste of Sport, Campaign, and Arcade mode. New features to the series including Scapes Photography and Custom Livery Editor were also available for the very first time.

You’ll also be able to transfer your hard earned in-game credits (up to 1,000,000 in-game credit) and unlocked vehicles from the demo to the full game starting today!

To transfer your demo save data to the full game, simply follow the instructions below:

1. Upon PS4 power up, on the main menu, select GT Sport to load the game (note – you must be logged in as the User Profile used for the limited time demo)
      2. On the GT Sport main menu, an on-screen message will appear asking you to confirm save transfer of the limited time demo to full game:

[​IMG]

3. Select Yes, and a second confirmation of carry over data will appear
      4. Transfer successful!

[​IMG]

Source playstation blog