1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

GT Sport News Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Wicksy, Oct 29, 2015.

By Wicksy on Oct 29, 2015 at 9:37 AM
  1. Gran Turismo Sport announced at Paris Games Week
    Kazunori Yamauchi reveals the first GT title for PS4, coming 2016
    Racing fans, brace yourselves – this afternoon at the Paris Games Week PlayStation Press Conference, Kazunori Yamauchi, along with SCEE CEO & President Jim Ryan, unveiled on stage the latest Gran Turismo iteration: GT Sport, coming to PS4 in 2016.

On stage, the Polyphony team talked about the advances that the PS4 offers to allow them to continue to improve the graphics, physics and sound to deliver the most realistic driving simulator to date. But with GT Sport they’re looking to deliver more than that; to deliver a revolution in the way that people experience driving games, a figurative “rebirth” of motorsports.

FIA Gran Turismo Championships
    In Gran Turismo Sport, there will be two online championships officially sanctioned by the FIA (Federation Internationale de l’Automobile) running simultaneously. In the Nations Cup, players will be able represent their home country. Whilst in the Manufacturers Cup, players will be driving on behalf of their favorite car manufacturer.

Players will not only be able to race as drivers themselves, they’ll also be able to root for their home country or their favorite manufacturers teams.

The winner of the championship will be awarded at the FIA prize giving ceremony, alongside real life motorsports champions. This will be a historic moment, the first time a video game will officially be recognised as part of the real motoring world.

FIA Partnership
    Working alongside the historic FIA, to develop a game that continues to be more realistic and authentic, the online racing championships promise to offer something new for players.

But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.

With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of the PS4.

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Wicksy, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Aye agreed. Although I see a growing number of titles getting delayed while the game is "perfected" and it still launches like a bag of shit lol

2. looks good i got my wheel to

3. From the playstation blog:

Kazunori Yamauchi is very serious when it comes to motorsport. Not only is the Polyphony Digital president creator of one of the most acclaimed video game racing series of all time, he’s a keen driver, too. And talking to him about how the additional power of PS4 Pro has supercharged GT Sport reveals that the line between the game and the real thing are blurring quicker than you may think.

“PS4 Pro marks a historical moment,” says Yamauchi-san, speaking with us at a media event in London earlier this month. “It’s the first time video games are going to exceed and better the quality of images in movies, broadcasting and packaged media out there.”

With GT Sport, a powerful engine is everything – and PS4 Pro pushes the game into an eye catching fast lane featuring 4K, 60FPS, HDR, an 18GB VPS uncompressed stream and wide colour support. What that all means is the races are smoother, slicker and more vibrant than they’ve ever been. And as any car enthusiast knows, the details are part of what drives the passion.

[​IMG]

“I think the world of 4K and 60FPS is a pinnacle for the games industry, and to be able to provide that sort of quality on a home console is something special,” says Yamauchi-san.

“All the cars look fantastic in 4K in terms of the detail improvements, but if you look at it from the aspect of HDR and wide colour, about 11% of the cars in the real world today don’t fit into the standard colour space that was possible in games up until now.

“Cars like Ferrari… it wasn’t actually possible to accurately represent that particular distinctive red in games unless you used the wide colour space that’s now available in GT Sport. So the brightly coloured cars out there are now going to look perfect in the game.”

[​IMG]

Don’t think that Polyphony is neglecting PlayStation VR enhancements in GT Sport, either. Yamauchi-san is eager to use PS VR to make sure you feel extra special behind the wheel.

“The raw, live feel that you get when you sit in the cockpit of a car using PS VR is something that wasn’t possible in GT before.”

While remaining coy over what exactly to expect in GT Sport once you put on the PS VR headset – aside from the thrill of high speed, first-person driving, of course – Yamauchi-san couldn’t resist revving the engine on a couple of details.

“The tracks are very interesting in VR,” he smiles. “But we’re letting you explore the environments in virtual reality, such as the interior of cars. I think that kind of subtle usage is best for VR.”

[​IMG]

4. I'm so excited to play this game. Every year all games been updated and it comes with new and highly quality level of graphics and that is why gamers like us always love to play any kind of newest games like this one.

5. New trailer available in 4k also

• Like Like x 1
    6. Looks awesome. I just sent one to @Wicksy @Metro and @Eaglewolfenstein
      It looks awesome. I see in this video that there is some rally/rallycross or off road which is great. I saw an Oval track a few times and I'm hoping for NASCAR like GT5 but I think we won't see that given the licensed game getting released for NASCAR

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 2
      • Like Like x 2
    7. I guess the race nights will be back when this is released?

8. vr mode cant wait

you guys signed up for the gt sport beta yet, should be good

#30 Lordofgames, Mar 10, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
    9. @Lordofgames I've moved your post into the correct thread, can you stop taking other threads off there topic and post in the right threads.

10. hehe I was just taking the mic, but joke gone a bit far now so I'm done cheers

11. Shame it won't be available to play in 4K

If only there was a better racer that was able to play in 4K already on the market

12. The game will be available to play for the pro on release with 4k and hdr, posted a blog article a few posts up

13. It won't be 4k

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. Signed up for the beta and would love it if you guys could add me on PSN? Now for my unfortunate choice of PSN I.D which I didn't really think through at the time jizzIobber.... the L is a capital i as amazingly the correct spelling was already taken (although it is actually a song title by Faith No More, so perhaps understandable that someone beat me to it)

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 2
    15. jizzlobber u got the spunkgun

16. It constantly amazes me that my PSN name gets past Sonys swear filters. You have no idea how many times I have wished they would contact me and ask me to change it! Unlike MS you can't even pay Sony to change your I.D

It is so bizarre getting Sony emails entitled "hey jizzIobber" lol

I just got so bored of trying user names when I got my PS3 (all variations of my actual name were taken) that I just chose the first silly name I could think of!

17. Beta has been released in North America, here is nearly an hour of footage

guy drives as bad as @Bartell on f1, but it still gives you an idea of the game

• Funny Funny x 1