1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Riddler_Tam, Jun 16, 2016.

By Riddler_Tam on Jun 16, 2016 at 5:09 PM

1. PlayStation’s E3 Press Conference, Guerrilla Games was excited to share more gameplay from Horizon Zero Dawn. In this demo, we follow Aloy as she journeys beyond the walls of her village to defeat a ‘demon’ which is terrorising locals and breeding fear throughout the valley. Aloy will have to use every ounce of her knowledge, intelligence and agility to survive this encounter.

If you missed the show, don’t worry, we’ve included the segment again below:

• Thanks Thanks x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Riddler_Tam, Jun 16, 2016.

1. DLC preordered

• Like Like x 1
    2. Got mine preordered a few weeks back can't wait :cool:

3. New trailer

4. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds is an expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn that adds an additional chapter to Aloy’s journey. Taking place in the icy wastelands to the north, it includes a brand new environment to explore, a new mystery to uncover, and dangerous new machines to hunt. Among the latter is the wolflike ‘Scorcher’, a fast and tenacious machine with a damage output close to that of the Thunderjaw.

We asked four members of the Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds development team – Principal Designer Dennis Zopfi, Lead Animator Richard Oud, Lead FX Artist Marijn Giesbertz and Audio Lead Bastian Seelbach – to provide details on the creation of the Scorcher, as well as tips and tactics for dealing with the machine and its ferocious attacks. Check out the video below for their insights:

It can take months to develop a single machine from concept to final in-game creature. The process usually begins with a concept art and ideation phase, where the developers figure out the most important questions: What does this machine look like? Why does it look the way it does, what is its personality and purpose? How does it move, and how does it behave when angry or alerted?

A number of Guerrilla artists have engineering backgrounds, which means they don’t stop at just the look or feel of the machines. They work out how their designs could interact with the laws of physics, and how locomotion is determined or constrained by limbs and appendages. Their efforts, combined with many other disciplines like animation, AI, and Visual FX, ultimately make it possible for a machine like the Scorcher to leap off the concept board and into the Cut, to challenge Aloy on her adventures.

[​IMG]

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds launches on 7th November, but you can pre-order a copy from PlayStation Store today to receive an exclusive PlayStation 4 avatar.

Source playstation blog

5. I notice that the trophies for the DLC have been split into separate sections of quests and feats.

6. Just had a look over them, doesn't seem to bad, some story related, x amount of kills etc like the main game, looking forward to playing it.

7. For those that ordered the DLC it is available to pre-download now for release on Tuesday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    8. Started aloy journey into the frozen wilds, this game really is great to explore and look at the draw distance on mountain tops is excellent.

Just made my way up a shamans path in the mountains and found two of the new machines harder and more bad ass than the standard machines due to a sickness that takes hold of them in the area.

Will finish this and then decide a mop up or move on to something else.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Aloy's journey into the frozen wilds has come to an end, i enjoyed it nice bit of dlc.

Won't be deleting the game as I'll go back and clear the side quests etc inbetween other titles.

• Like Like x 2
    10. Horizon Zero Dawn recently reached two major milestones: the game turned one, and it crossed the 7.6 million mark in sales numbers. To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’ve released a free avatar bundle and Photo Mode theme for PlayStation 4. In addition, we’re running several promo discounts on Horizon Zero Dawn and related items, which you can read about here!

To celebrate this momentous first year, we spoke to fellow developers and the community to understand what makes Horizon Zero Dawn so special for them. Take a look at what they had to say:

These milestones also offer an opportunity to look back on the way fans have been playing Horizon Zero Dawn. While it’s very much a single player game, it does use online connectivity to log certain metrics for bug tracking and analytical purposes.

In aggregate, these metrics paint a fascinating picture of the way Aloy’s story is experienced by players – from their favourite weapons to the choices they make in life-or-death situations. We’ve compiled the most interesting facts and figures into the infographic below (click on the image for the full version):

[​IMG]

Source playstation blog

• Like Like x 1
    11. I'm sure Fire Kiln Root is 3rd because I keep picking it thinking it's Medicinal Wild Ember :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. I'm disappointed they didn't give stats for the number of wildlife killed due to trying to collect fatty meat and bones.. Did the turkey win :rofl:

13. Never used any of the rail weapons tbh

14. I found the ice rail worked well as a sniper rifle for one of the big guys in a main mission in NG+, might have been a fire bellowback.

The Fire Forge is also proving useful in NG+ UH. It takes loads of Blaze though, I'm actually thinking I might sell a lot of my inventory and fill up on Blaze ready for the final battle.

• Like Like x 1
    15. I stocked up with 200 Blaze for the final fight and it still wasn't enough, but it didn't help that I forgot to shoot the Deathbringers vulnerable parts :laugh: would have most likely used a lot less!

• Funny Funny x 1