1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Riddler_Tam, Jun 16, 2016.

By Riddler_Tam on Jun 16, 2016 at 5:09 PM

1. PlayStation’s E3 Press Conference, Guerrilla Games was excited to share more gameplay from Horizon Zero Dawn. In this demo, we follow Aloy as she journeys beyond the walls of her village to defeat a ‘demon’ which is terrorising locals and breeding fear throughout the valley. Aloy will have to use every ounce of her knowledge, intelligence and agility to survive this encounter.

If you missed the show, don’t worry, we’ve included the segment again below:

• Thanks Thanks x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Riddler_Tam, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Where do you find the power cells (spoiler it?) I'm around 45 hours in and haven't found a single one yet! Cheers

2. Sitting at level 12 and cleared my first two corrupted areas which where higher rates than me.

Found my first quest.. Ignored him he isn't going anywhere I'll catch him later.

Also found some bandits attacking someone near a river, near saving them... A watcher joined the fight and killed them :rolleyes:

Haven't seen any striders since before helping sona so any travel has been by foot.

Saved at a now non corrupt camp and ready to head up the mountain to see if I shall pass.. I'll see how that goes tonight...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    3. Level 14 with about 7 hours played, helped find one of the wounded who was attacked by a snapmaw, seeing it the first time was like jaws, didn't want to go in the water..

Bought a shadow bow and a few more weapons, had the sling glitch to be equipped but eventually got it sorted

Energy isn't filling enough for me need to look for better protein to fill it

Finally found a trader and had a shitload to get rid off, made a load of shards and space

Finished off at two points leading to the hunger games and I seen my first stormbird can't wait to fight it :cool:

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. 1.12 Patch notes (Source https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/62djco/horizon_zero_dawn_112_patch_notes/)

5. Platinum Achieved! :)

Great game 9/10

• Like Like x 3
    6. Level 33, played for 26 hours 43 minutes, 41.81% game completion

Game has been amazing had some epic battles enjoyed building aloy and her abilities, it similar to dying light in that respect

Game location is massive I seldom use fast travel unless it's long journeys as I enjoy the trek with the killing and looting on the way

Got my weapons and tactics for potential machines sorted but always get something thrown in the mix to change your game

Don't want the game to end felt the same with all the infamous titles as well, hoepfully this leads to a new franchise for sony as its been really great

• Like Like x 2
    7. Nice one Tam, I'm nearing the end of the game. Level 42 or 43, 72% complete and about 50 hours played so far. absolutely brilliant game. Had me hooked from the beginning. Will definitely be sorry when it ends.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Main story finished, hit level 50 on the final level, mop up of trophies for the plat and it's done

Excellent game, great story, characters, gameplay and graphics, if you have a PS4 can't recommend this game enough

• Like Like x 1

9. For balance...It's good, but I've played better

Story is fairly weak (and we have to wait for the sequel/story DLC) to find out one of the main aspects of the whole thing, apart from that it's the most interesting bit of the whole thing. Some characters are underdeveloped and underused (no doubt one in particular will be underdeveloped on purpose for the DLC) and once you get past the opening you don't really give a fuck about Aloy like you do with other game characters (she's quite annoying in fact). Gameplay as a whole is ok but has a few issues throughout and some of the aspects of the gameplay haven't been thought through properly. Graphics for a console are pretty stunning but they could have really done with some better facial animations, so bad they break the immersion quite badly at times

Its by far the best thing Guerilla have ever done though and hopefully means the Killzone franchise is finally dead

Personally, I'm interested in the story of the DLC/sequels but the overall combat and gameplay I'm not at all interested in. It's been there and done that so I can't see why I'd be interested in playing it any more...but sure, a load of new machines will come along out of nowhere and we won't ask questions as to why we haven't seen them already and will be completely different visually but entirely the same as the others at their heart

It's about the best exclusive game out at the moment though so may as well crack on

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Platinum has popped game is done 48 hours and 30 minutes enjoyed every minute, will keep my save for any dlc on the way, look forward to it, great game

• Like Like x 1
    11. I'm lvl 16 or so and have lvl 12 main mission to kill all curropted machines at top left of map, fining it impossible lol so many of them, 1 hit and its 50% damage...any tips?

12. Yeah. Play on an easier level

• Disagree Disagree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    13. I switched to Easy and it made no noticeable difference. Might be some better armour to wear for Corrupted missions?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    14. I wore the standard one for most of my playthrough, I bought a nora melee outfit and used that until I got the power cell outfit which is really all you need but you can't get that until near end of the game.

I found its in how you attack in battle and taking down machines and level you are going into fights I'd die quite a but early on but felt in my 20+ I could clear with ease.

I had a bandit camp level 20 I entered as level 17, ass handed 3/4 times, walked around it returned level 27 and killed them all.

There is only a few missions where you need to go a set path mostly mountain trials otherwise you can always avoid a tricky section

• Like Like x 2
    15. mostly been easy except this specific mission, so many corrupted machines..I think what I will need to is use ropecaster tie them down so I not got 5-6 of them all chasing after me.

Anyone know if they can break free from ropes after certain amount of time?

16. Yes they can. The bigger the machine, the faster it can break free unless you use multiple ropes. Critical hits whilst roped will make them break free as well

Trips are what you need

Personally I just stuck with the survival gear, upgrading to a heavier version when I could.

I only used 3 outfits really. Survivalist (standard/medium/heavy), Power Armour and Kestrel (unlocked later on via mission that you need to use for a certain area)

Stick some decent mods on survivalist and you'll be fine

• Thanks Thanks x 1
      • Like Like x 1
      #177 ODB, Apr 14, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
    17. Andddd, platinumed. Took me a few minutes under 50 hours, which always pleases me when a game offers great value for money :)

Enjoyed it overall, although I must admit it did start to feel a bit repetitive. And I don't think the exploration aspect is anywhere near as satisfying as Breath of the Wild. And I agree with ODB that Aloy is just annoying. I was reading on NeoGaf that a lot of people there thohght she was the best, most rounded videogame character to date! God help us if any of those same people get to work in the games industry!

Also agree about the facial animations, they really do break the immersion and for a AAA game that must have had a massive budget, they are pretty bad.

It is a gorgeous looking game though. I just wish there was a bit more variety in the environments. It would have been cool to have maybe some city areas that were overgrown but till had some colour to them.

Great game though and my first ever platinum trophy so I obviously enjoyed it an awful lot. In fact I'm quite sad that it is over now. I can't see myself ever replaying it, but I'm looking forward to the inevitable DLC.

Edit: @Lordofgames I admit I hated the corrupted areas and whenever I could I would try and cheesily jump up to areas you weren't really supposed to get to, so that the machines couldn't reach me then just spam the arrows that pop the armour off

• Like Like x 2
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
    18. Well done on the Plat

Quoted for prosterity....Rare someone agrees with me

• Funny Funny x 1
    19. 55 hours 38 minutes 100% game completion all main, side and errand quests complete, all shadow outfits and weapons bought.

• Like Like x 1