How much do you spend on gaming a month?

How much do you spend on gaming per month?

• Nothing

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • upto £20

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • £20 - £40

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • £40 - £60

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • £60 - £80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than £80

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hooblue

So, given the huge number of AAA titles out over the next few weeks, I thought it would be good to find out. Obviously people might not be able to afford all of them so are going to have to be selective as to what they buy, or maybe not. So, on average, how much money do you spend on gaming a month? This can include physical game purchases as well as downloads and also any money spent on going to shows and gaming events, as well as rentals from places like Lovefilm and Blockbuster.

To be honest I'm probably not the best person to answer this as fortunately for me I'm in a hugely privileged position whereby I can get alot of games for free or next to nothing. However I'd say I probably actually buy maybe one game every two months or so, depending on release schedules, obviously more if there alot of big games coming out. So per month probably about £20

What about you chaps?

Realale

I will be spending £20 after trade ins etc for BF3, I will get MW3 as an early Xmas present and that is all I am planning to spend on gaming for the next 12 months, so average monthly spend of £1.67.

ODB

Global Moderator
I buy games all the time but usually older cheap games second hand from AVF,things I fancy playing which then sit there for ages untouched

Generally i don't ever pre-order games (last game - before this hectic period we are having now - I pre-ordered was Homefront, before then I can't remember). Even things like COD etc I just turned up sometime in the first week while the offer is on

this time round I pre-ordered:

Gears of War 3
Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
Batman: AC
Uncharted 3

and I cancelled a couple of other pre-orders (eg Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary). This has to be the madest gaming season ever, though Uncharted (and poss MW3 if it sucks) will be played, completed and sold asap

fozzeh

Global Moderator
I'm the same as ODB. Have games for a while and sit there until I get round to them. Usually I like to plat a game now until I move onto the next one. Got MGS and Batman sat ready to play...but can't plat MGS. Plus I think money is better spent on the kids...£40 can go a long way.

Usually I wait for mega sales to happen and get them (Homefront - £5, AC:B - £10). Not even cracked open Homefront yet but may do this week now I have finished W@W and see what it is like at 2am.

Also get a few things on AVF. Generally, I like to get them, play them and sell on. However, I have got a few games to straight sell on for profit (between £3 and £8 after postage). I collate this money and put it aside. Currently at on £15 profit with 2 games in stock and I got Batman AA for free as bought as a bundle and sold other game for what I paid for the pair.

As for this season, MW3 is a must. I have other musts (mainly Uncharted and AC:R) but will wait until I can get them for around a tenner too. Going to get FIFA 12 soon to have a bash on that one.

clumsy

Haha. We're such a bunch of tight fisted old barstewards :rotfl:

I probably only buy one or two full priced games a year. Rest i tend to get when they're cheap. Sucker for cheap shit on Steam too, so probably not far off the £20 a month mark. Add an MMO sub to that once SW:TOR lands... might just pop over that mark.

WolfCarnage

Administrator
Forum Owner
When I was a wee lad in my late teens and early twenties I used to buy 2 or 3 games a month. Spending about £70 or £80 per month.

Since my enlightenment of adulthood and all things that go with it I buy the one or two big games per year and pick up the SH bargains or deals. So now I spend maybe (on average) £5 per month.

T_Riddler_

Administrator
Forum Owner
start of last year and up to november last year I made a point of getting titles on release or few weeks after.

seeing the prices drop so quickly after a few weeks/months I made the decision to wait. so since the start of this year I have started waiting on titles to come down in price rather than buy on release.

I probably buy one game £20 or two games £30-40 per month depending on what hidden bargains I can find.

I only make a exception when it comes to on-line titles as depending on the title can have a small lifespan gameplay wise when the next title arrives to take it over.

my psn+ sub has been a money saver for store content. I spent £11.99 for a 90 day sub and then £39.99 for the 1 year sub. for £3.46 a month the titles I have had more than make up for the cost I paid for plus.

Sybot

I chose the up to £20 option - I would usually buy a game every couple of months, typically retailing at £39.99

although with the hukd website this has probably been reduced slightly... although with more offers on I'm tempted here and there to pick up something extra at the right price. Works in roundabouts though so I'd say that's about right

WARIO

Administrator
Forum Owner
In answer to the actual poll title; I worked out how much I'm likely to spend on gaming altogether per month. I probably only buy a couple or 3 games a year but when you consider wear and tear on your console, headphones, controllers etc, I found £20 to be about right.

Nazz

I answered £20-£40 but I'm not sure really. I don't buy many games for myself but we buy Wii and ds games quite a bit. Last month bought 2 ds games and 2 wii games for the Mrs. and kids and we roll them over every 1-2 months. I sometimes buy a PSP game to try and if I've played it, I trade it in soon after.

Carver

I reckon between £20-40 which is not as much as I used to, I've calmed down a bit recently, what I tend to do these days is rent on release day from Blockbuster nick the download code for extra levels or whatever it is at the time then buy the game pre-owned a few weeks later (or wait for your mate to blag a promo copy a week or two later :D ).

Xorro

I try to wait until games are cheaper and then get them. It takes me ages to play a game so there's no point in me buying several at once.

However, this year I have bought KZ3, Res3 and Rage pre-order/on release. Res3 was OK as I got it done quick and sold it on with minimal loss.

Unless I can find a really good deal on MW3 then I will wait til the price comes down a bit. I've opted for the upto to £20 a month as I try to buy games around £20 and I don't buy every month.