1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

How To Use PS4 Share Facility

Discussion in 'Gameplay Video Archive' started by Riddler_Tam, Mar 7, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    I've seen quite a few people ask about the share facility with the means to record gameplay and upload to youtube and facebook. We can use this thread for instructions, discussion and for people to link to if you have any tips please post and I will add it to the steps.

To upload your clips you can do this all from the ps4 using the share function for recording, share factory for editing (a app available on the psn store) and then the gallery to upload to youtube (create an account here https://www.youtube.com/) or facebook.

Recording gameplay footage:

1. Start up a game or you can do it inbetween a certain section of a game.
    2. Press the share button twice to start recording.
    3. When you feel you have enough feed press the share button to stop recording and press the square button to export to the gallery.

Edit and render your video in Share Factory

1. In share factory create a new project.
    2. Choose your theme of choice, also be sure to choose the gameplay footage you want to add to it.
    3. Press square and name your project.
    4. Once loaded press R2 to view it otherwise press options and choose to export to gallery. It then renders the file to your gallery depending on the file size it might take a while.

Uploading your video to Youtube or Facebook

On the ps4 home page press the share button once, choose upload video, you can choose your created video to export to either your facebook or youtube account (youtube is so much neater to use as you can archive your footage and links to most devices and websites) this will then be put into the ps4 upload folder and is sent in the background so you can carry on gaming.

Setting your mic to work on your recordings:

You can choose a setting so that when you are recording footage it also picks up your mic for commentary etc.
    1. Press share button once
    2. press option button
    3. choose share settings
    4. choose video clip settings
    5. tick include microphone audio in video clip.

Now when you record a clip it will have the mic.

• Useful Useful x 3
  2. These steps where created for driveclub:

All from the ps4 using the share function for recording, share factory for editing and then the gallery to upload to youtube took me about 45 minutes to a hour to do all 5 videos could get lost with it I love it.

1. Start up the game go to time trials and choose your track then car.
    3. Start your lap time(s).
    4. When finished your lap press the share button to stop recording and press the square button to export to the gallery.

Repeat steps 1-4 for any others or go load up the share factory.

2. Choose your theme of choice depending on the game, also be sure to choose the gameplay footage you want to add to it.
    4. Once loaded press R2 to view it otherwise press options and choose to export to gallery. It then renders the file to your gallery depending on the file size it might take a while.

On the xmb bar press the share button once, you can choose your created video to export to either your facebook or youtube account (youtube is so much neater to use to get your footage on the forum) this will then be put into the ps4 upload folder and is sent in the background so you can carry on gaming.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. These steps where created for Fifa:

To upload your goals you can do this all from the ps4 using the share function for recording, share factory for editing and then the gallery to upload to youtube (create an account here https://www.youtube.com/).

This one explains doing it from a replay you have to be quick though so not to miss it:
    1. let the goal run with the replay.
    3. When it has finished press the share button to stop recording and press the square button to export to the gallery.

Repeat steps 1-4 for any other goals you wish to record, you can put them towards goal of the season or pop them in the forums goals and gaffs thread http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/fifa-15-goals-and-gaffs.4227/

2. Choose your theme of choice, also be sure to choose the gameplay footage you want to add to it.

On the xmb bar press the share button once, you can choose your created video to export to either your facebook or youtube account (youtube is so much neater to use to get your footage on the forum) this will then be put into the ps4 upload folder and is sent in the background so you can carry on gaming.

This one explains doing it after the match you can choose goals from match highlights, which is all the more sweet as you can control the camera etc to show off your goal more or even doing a group of goals in one video :

1. After the match is complete go to match highlights choose your goal and sort the camera angle, run in etc.
    2. Start the goal replay and press the share button twice to start recording.
    3. When it has finished press the share button to stop recording and press the square button to export to the gallery.

Repeat steps 1-4 for any other goals you wish to record, you can put them towards goal of the season or pop them in the forums goals and gaffs thread http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/fifa-15-goals-and-gaffs.4227/

2. Choose your theme of choice depending on the game, also be sure to choose the gameplay footage you want to add to it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Recording the last 15 minutes of footage:

I have read about this being hit and miss when used multiple times but if you press the share button once at anytime during a game then press square on the PS4 controller it will save a video clip which is the last 15 minutes of gameplay.

You can then go into the share factory and split, trim the video to suit with the footage that you need the following video was originally 15 minutes long but trimmed down for just a small clip:

Also worth noting as a neat touch if you set your mic to record when playing the last 15 minutes this also picks up your mic.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers for this, still getting to grips with features of the PS4

• Like Like x 1
  6. OK so I have footage on share factory.. In my gallery

I clip on share says were you want to share. Select YouTube sign into account to link it all good

Then I give it title. Click on share at bottom. Then says added to uploads then says uploads failed.

The vids there ready to go even watched it back on share factory

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

7. I had the same problem a wile back, go into your notifications on the xmb bar and delete all your upload notifications and it should work then mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. OK will try that later once back on

Cheers

9. It can be temperamental keep trying it will go through, coupled with everyone using psn to start up their new consoles possible yoy will get errors.

10. Seems like adds to uploads then a few seconds later says failed.

11. I've had that retry the upload or upload the video again, as I said temperamental

12. Sorry about this guy's tho doing my head in at this point and can't rest till I master it lol

So once I do the double share then share button have my footage. Right?

Go to share factory
    New project
    Select theme
    Take out intro etc and just keep the game play footage (7mins long) select it
    Click square (start project)
    Name it
    Get this screen
    [​IMG]
    Note only shows 7secs below but the footage plays right to the end. (normal?)

OK so now I click options and select export to gallery and it starts rendering movies box pops up and works its way to 100% but I get this message at the start I here I think lays the issue I am having
    [​IMG]

Once I stop the the rendering or when it's complete I get this poping up recording has resumed.

Anyways not sure what's happening it seems to be in my gallery then at the end and once I click to upload says added to upload which is fine then after a few seconds says cannot upload

Also to add checked to make sure my YouTube account is linked and it is. Any ideas thanks in advance

13. Don't worry about that message mate it does that to everyone who uses share factory,alls that means is you have entered a blocked screen thats why you get the " recording has resumed after.

As for it still not uploading have a look at the video below, it shows him trying to upload a screenshot but it still works for videos.
    This is what i did when i had this problem and it's been working for me ever since as now i delete all my notifications, game invites, chat invites, uploads and downloads at the end of every week so i don't get the problem again.

Hope this helps mate..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The gameplay recorded and stopped is the record feature going active/in active while you render it is nothing to worry about.

As for the upload I'll give it a test my side this afternoon as not used share factory in a while.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Removed everything from upload still getting the same error :(

16. I've done three clips from uncharted 2 and they are uploading just now, only difference is share factory asking if I want to upload now/later instead of going onto the xmb.

How long is your clip, could you try a smaller clip see if it's how long the clip is causing the problem.

#16 Riddler_Tam, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015