I've seen quite a few people ask about the share facility with the means to record gameplay and upload to youtube and facebook. We can use this thread for instructions, discussion and for people to link to if you have any tips please post and I will add it to the steps.
To upload your clips you can do this all from the ps4 using the share function for recording, share factory for editing (a app available on the psn store) and then the gallery to upload to youtube (create an account here https://www.youtube.com/) or facebook.
Recording gameplay footage:
- Start up a game or you can do it inbetween a certain section of a game.
- Press the share button twice to start recording.
- When you feel you have enough feed press the share button to stop recording and press the square button to export to the gallery.
Edit and render your video in Share Factory
- In share factory create a new project.
- Choose your theme of choice, also be sure to choose the gameplay footage you want to add to it.
- Press square and name your project.
- Once loaded press R2 to view it otherwise press options and choose to export to gallery. It then renders the file to your gallery depending on the file size it might take a while.
Uploading your video to Youtube or Facebook
On the ps4 home page press the share button once, choose upload video, you can choose your created video to export to either your facebook or youtube account (youtube is so much neater to use as you can archive your footage and links to most devices and websites) this will then be put into the ps4 upload folder and is sent in the background so you can carry on gaming.
Setting your mic to work on your recordings:
You can choose a setting so that when you are recording footage it also picks up your mic for commentary etc.
- Press share button once
- press option button
- choose share settings
- choose video clip settings
- tick include microphone audio in video clip.
Now when you record a clip it will have the mic.