Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS (PC Early Access)

Discussion in 'First & Third Person Shooter Games' started by runcorn, Apr 23, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with community feedback. Starting with nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the lone survivor. This realistic, high tension game is set on a massive 8x8 km island with a level of detail that showcases Unreal Engine 4's capabilities.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS will put up to 100 players on a remote island
    for a winner-takes-all showdown where strategic gameplay is as important as shooting skills.
    Players will enter a last-man-standing battle where they try to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies in a graphically and tactically rich battleground
    that eventually forces players into a shrinking play zone as they engage in a tense and spectacular fight to the death.

[​IMG]

PLAYERUNKNOWN aka Brendan Greene, is a pioneer of the Battle Royale genre. As the creator of the Battle Royale game-mode found in the ARMA series and H1Z1 : King of the Kill, Greene is co-developing the game with veteran team at Bluehole to create the most diverse and robust Battle Royale experience to date

[​IMG]

Not Just a Game. This is BATTLE ROYALE http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/

2. Got this yesterday and only managed about an hour of play so far. My current experience of the game is Collect loot for a little while then be hideously murdered by another player. I have only played solo so will try to find some players to team up with as the duo and squad modes look more interesting.

The game gets very tense as you get towards the end of the round. Tactics and a fair bit of luck are important. My best finish is 4th and this consisted of me avoiding all players for most of the match and then getting caught between two players with not enough cover to fight them both off.

The game needs some optimisation, both for the client and the servers. Not sure if I can recommend the game as it is in early access and I normally avoid these titles, but it is fun and there are a lot of people playing, so finding games is easy and fast. Will have to see if the developers keep updating in a timely fashion.

Hopefully the game can come to consoles if they can find a way to optimise the inventory system (finally there could be a use for the PS4 touchpad).

3. Yeah i agree with the optimisation issues, the game could be vastly improved in that way, which, by recent updates and feedback, they will no doubt be working on it as priority. Over recent weeks & updates, their has been improvement so some credit goes to the devs for that.

After winning a few times on both duo and squads, I've got to admit, games get intense ! shots coming from nowhere, trying stalk while trying to avoid being stalked yourself and not to mention sprinting for your life to avoid the closing circle. This is good with a squad but playing solo is certainly just as much fun.

From a person who doesn't really (if at all) play battle royale style games, this is the exception for me. I got it from steam as soon as it hit the stores knowing its early access, but places like http://www.cdkeys.com/?mw_aref=74e1228c4a7003e89f473fa0dfd24254 seems to have a fairer price tag for the early access title.

Hopefully this game can come to console.

#3 LaidbackPalmz, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  4. I am doing ok on this game but i always end up getting to last 20 odd both in squad and solo and then get shot from out of nowhere. I always having difficulty finding snipers or scopes, plus the fact i always seem to loose short distance battles. It is a great game but i just think i suck lol.

Only played squad with 3 of us and find coming up against a team of four is quite difficult.