1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition revealed

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by Wicksy, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Sporting the original PlayStation grey finish, and available in very limited quantities

Hello PlayStation Blog readers! Today is a very special moment in our history. It’s been 20 years since the launch of the original PlayStation, which released in Japan on 3rd December, 1994. It seems like only yesterday! I’m so glad that we can celebrate this moment together.

20 years is a long time! In 1994, many outsiders thought that Sony was slightly crazy to launch the original PlayStation into an incredibly competitive gaming market. Who could blame them? Sony was (and is!) famous for engineering great electronics, audio equipment and many other consumer devices. But game consoles?!

Sony Computer Entertainment, founded by my mentor Ken Kutaragi, was a project borne out of sincere passion and deep admiration for the craft of game development. The mid ’90s were an exciting time for game developers, driven by the explosion of powerful but affordable 3D graphics rendering hardware and the birth of many young and adventurous development studios. The original PlayStation was meant to embody that sense of adventure and discovery, that sense that anything was possible.

We sincerely thank you for joining us on our exciting 20-year journey. You have made every bump and scrape we took along the way worthwhile. And there’s so much more to come! [​IMG]

But I don’t want to go on for too long, because we have a big piece of news to reveal: a very special 20th Anniversary Edition PS4!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

#1 Wicksy, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  2. I quite like that

3. This will be very limited I imagine! How many units? 100,000? 200,000?

4. 12,300

5. That actually looks really neat, I'd love to own one I'd those but realistically it does the same job as the one I have currently so I'm out.

6. Think I prefer the white PS4...

7. I want it... but imagine it'd be damn near impossible to get one amongst the collectors and scalpers.

Some unboxing videos to share:

8. For anyone in London I'll just leave this here...

Best of luck to anyone who decides to venture out for this, with such a ridiculous promotion it wouldn't surprise me if people were already out there ready to camp it out...

9. by 8:40 AM its full lol

10. ...took far too long! These are going for silly money on eBay but I think it's a proper piece of collectors item.

11. Fear not, Sony will be releasing 800 consoles online on Monday for £399.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...iversary-edition-consoles-for-just-19-94-each

12. £3,500 on eBay for a US import. Bloody hell.

13. More like 10PM last night...

Someone from LoadingBar ventured out to put on display and their Twitter commentary to the proceedings summed up why I didn't think of bothering.

All fair and good in this free market and kudos to those bearing with the cold last night... until I saw this update...

Check their Twitter for a full commentary of last night.

Latest is that the 100 units allocated for tomorrow and the day after (for £399) were also reserved for people attending today and given wristbands. On Monday however they'll be 800 units available to buy online so there's still a chance to anyone interested (and not willing to buy from eBay sellers at silly prices).

14. Alright here's the scoop if you are looking to buy this thing online at £399:

http://community.eu.playstation.com...0th-Anniversary-Edition-Console/td-p/22767074

So under the bridge find the gem in the river, take it to the wizard up the mountain, find the fake rock on the cliff side, enter the dungeon, slay the troll, rescue the fairy, find the special call, summon the dragon, fly back down to the town, request an audience with the town leader, catch the imposter, raid the manor and only then you'll be able to pre-register a purchase. :p

15. I think in game in London on release day of the 20th Anniversary the first 19people through the door could buy one for 19 quid if they repeat the phrase that was mentioned on radio or something my brother told me so don't quote me on it lol

16. They sold them for 19.94

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Keep up Pele lol