1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Playstation 4.5 Rumour

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by brunty, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Sony, it seems, is working on a supercharged PlayStation 4 console. A report published by Kotaku– citing a slew of different sources – claims that the Japanese giant is at the very least exploring the possibility of a so-called PS4.5-esque system, which would boost the graphical capabilities of the console, enable 4K resolution, and even enhance the performance of PlayStation VR. Megaton?
    Well, it could well be. The site claims that it's heard from several independently verified sources that the platform holder's put plans into motion regarding an upgraded platform. Apparently, it's held meetings with studios at the Game Developers Conference this week to pitch plans about how it would all work. Some sources seem to be of the opinion that it's all "exploratory", however.

That means that, while we trust the reporting by Kotaku that this idea does indeed exist, it may never actually make its way to market. It would be a paradigm shift for the traditional console business if it did, though; exactly how the manufacturer would communicate which games work with which machine would be a gigantic headache. Traditionally, consoles tend to upgrade every five to ten years.

But this is something that Microsoft's been discussing publicly as well, so it would seem that the two companies are more or less on the same page with regards to this. The question is: will it actually happen? And would you be down for a supercharged PS4 to begin with?

2. Am I the only one a little bit meh about this and the Xbox announcement that was similar. Stop giving me a souped up version of a console I already have, have spent money on, and am happy with, and spend resources on developing a new one that will take my money in the same way in a couple of years time.

Still certain people like the shiny things, even if it makes little sense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Agree. I'll be pissed if either side do this frankly and will I fuck replace all the machines in the house and buy into this bullshit