1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

PS4 Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by Nazz, Dec 3, 2013.

1. I thought I'd start a new tips and tricks section for the PS4. With future firmware updates, I'm sure more tips / tricks will emerge. I'll start us off :

1. You can sign into your PS3 and PS4 at the same time with the same account name.

2. Generic 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm jacks don't seem to work (for chat) with the TB PX5 headsets. Unfortunately you can't get the TB jacks outside the US at the moment.

3. You can charge your DS4 with a phone charger that uses a micro USB.

4. Anyone with 5.1 headsets and using optical, try to set your audio settings to only using Dolby 5.1 and set to bitstream Dolby only. I think it sounds better via your phones.

5. To clear your storage of all the unwanted video captures, go to Settings > System Storage Management > Captures ; and you can delete unwanted stuff from there.

6. If you look at "What's New" and you see a friend winning a trophy etc, you can "like" it by clicking on the thumbs up icon.

That's it for now ....

p/s : Moderators - please consider new sections for PS4 and XO in this part of the forum

2. Done :thumb up:

3. How do you make video captures?

4. The PS4 is meant to capture the last 15 minutes of gameplay automatically as you play it, although I have found this to be a bit hit and miss.

However, if you are on the default setting, you can press the "share" button twice to start capturing from that moment on then press it once again to stop the capture.

You can also capture screenshots by pressing the share button once.

p/s Tam - I've sent you a screen capture via PSN messaging !

5. To turn the controller off , hold the ps button for 10 seconds.

6. Thanks Nazz. Maybe I'll have a read through the manual :D

Another thing is, my name is displaying on that What's New thing as my full name. I noticed everyone else's is their psn id. I've messed about with it, but have to put and first name and surname in profile..... I've changed it for now, but would prefer my psn id being displayed. Any ideas?

7. Everyone will get this Benny (i.e their PS4 showing their own names on their respective machines) but we will only see your PSN name unless you request a friend for "real name". This option is seen when you click on a friend's name. I still see your name as ynneBenny on my screen.

Also , in the chat section, you will see your icon as a "mic" but you will see other users icon as a loudspeaker.

There is no printed manual in the box. It is only online ;) in "settings"

8. That's all good then. Thanks mate.

9. Re: PS4 Tips & Tricks

Was gonna buy a jack for the px5's nazz glad I didn't, is there any other way to get the mic working then?

10. You might not have noticed it but that's what I was doing in your chat channel today . I can get the mike working on the PX5 with the cable plugged in but then I can't hear you and Spartacus talking and seems you can't hear me. Even if you did hear me, there was no way of me knowing about it.

The one I tried was a generic 2.5 -3.5 mm cable. The fit into the DS4 wasn't very good and needed a bit of twiddling. It can click all the way as intended but doing this didn't enable the mic (lost electrical signal).

Options are
    1.to buy another jack (in case mine was a duff one);
    2. to order an official TB jack from TB website USA (?! not really sure I'd bother with that);
    3. to await a Bluetooth patch from SONY (supposedluy before the year ends but most likely after the New Year;
    4. Get a new headset altogether !

11. You probably all know this trick. To access youtube on the PS4 go to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/tv</a> on the PS4's browser, it allowed me to sign in and watch video's, but my subscriptions do not seem to show up properly.

12. Hear you go nazz or anyone with the TB PX5's

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GFT53U2/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o00_s00_i00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GFT5 ... 00_s00_i00</a>

13. Currently unavailable :cry:

14. Is there any way of saving a capture on the PS4 and accessing it later, rather than having to edit/upload it straight away and therefore leave the game your playing?

15. Yes, now I doubletap the share button to start recording. When you want to save a clip, tap share button once. This will save that block of clip for editing later. Obviously when you tap it once, it will bring you to the upload screen but you can get back into the game if you don't do any editing at that point. When you are ready to edit, your saved clip will still be on the HDD. Repeat and rinse. :thumb:

16. Cheers Nazz. Unfortunately that's only good for when you know you're going to want to record, no good for capturing those unexpected moments.

17. Here's a tip. Don't press and hold the home key to see if your battery is charging and then fall asleep. It won't turn itself off :)

18. No Shadow. With that method you record from the beginning of the game regardless (doubleclick share button at beginning of the game and you'll see a recording icon in top right hand corner of screen) and it will keep on recording the last 15 mins of your game. So when there is a bit you wanna keep, just click the share button once and the PS4 will "clip it" soon after the point you wanna keep, thus the bit you wanna keep will still be in the last 15 mins. Capiche ?? ;)

19. So if i were to do that, and then carry on playing for say another hour, would that video from an hour ago still be saved? If so, awesome.

20. I see no message when another user logs in or out , is there a way to turn this on ?