1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Should I get one?

Discussion in 'Playstation 4' started by Realale, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Not been missing gaming really since I stopped using the PS3 earlier in the year but I am now thinking about getting back into it and find myself starting to think about getting a PS4 for Xmas. Should I do it?
    Getting this virtual money from Game and with trading in my PS3 I reckon I could do it quite easily but not sure if I will use it - I need convincing!

2. I was in your position Realale until not long ago.

I made the decision to plump for one for my birthday at the end of September, and don't regret it one bit.

There are enough games to keep you going despite the rumours, and with focus on the forum on Driveclub nights and COD:AW, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in online banter too.

I got one with 3 games for just over £400 for Amazon (making sure money went to VGF naturally) and I'm sure between now and Christmas there will be deals knocking about.

Go for it I say!

3. If your wanting to get back into it then this is the best time.

There wasn't much to offer in the first 6 months of next gen release. With the year coming up more and more to titles are on the way can see 2015 being massive.

What you need to justify is time spent on console with the cost if your not going to be on it often then I'd say hang fire.

With the enjoyment you had with ffn on cod though advanced warfare would cater your fps needs. Driveclub or project cars for your racing fix and could get fifa for some footie action online as well.

I had a 11 month break from gaming myself due to personal reasons and couldn't justify being a early adopter.

Only been back two weeks and I've actually missed taking part online and the banter it's been really good to get going again.

4. IMO you would be better waiting until just after Christmas (unless a cracking deal comes up) if you can wait

5. I'm in the same position, I'd like one but I'd feel guilty about not playing all the current games I own.

Going to wait until after xmas, maybe even after April before I make the jump.

6. My PS4 has been dormant for a long time. I got it on release and played Cod for a short amount of time, Killzone for a short amount of time and BF4 for an even shorter amount of time.

I was utterly disappointed with the PS4, until Destiny came out and now I'm hitting things hard again.

7. Yes get one don't be a gay

8. Are you holding onto the virtual shares? I just redeemed all of mine.

9. To be honest Ale I'd say no. BF4 isn't perfect but it's the only thing I play on it ... once a week. Advanced Warfare might change that, but experience tells me that's unlikely. If you are getting a next gen console the Xbox one is a far better prospect IMO. Forza beats Drive Club, you get Titanfall, COD games generally play better on the Xbox and Density is like DLC for Halo. I've gone PC.

10. Sony fanboy here, I'm not for turning!

11. You'd love Destiny.

12. You reckon Wazzer? Not sure its for me

13. I can't really say anymore, I think it's a fantastic game.

14. Fair enough mate, can't say fairer than that!

15. Must check my sons game out he's got Destiny I think.

16. My 12 Year old loves the game. He's level 27 now.

17. Actually, If your a Sony fanboy there a fair chance you'll like Density. If you've ever had an Xbox and played a Halo game it will be nice looking but a poor version of an old concept.

18. Have you played it?